What is the packaging?
Post by Zink at 28/10/2020
In the current packaging industry, there are a lot of packaging products, but they are divided into 6 main categories: Metal packaging, carton packaging, textile packaging, fabric packaging, rigid plastic packaging, Soft plastic packaging.
The packaging is the key factor for any type of product. Because the customer will have the first impression of the eye-catching package. Please join us to learn more about the characteristics and uses of the packaging.
1. What is the packaging?
- First, we need to know what the packaging is to better understand them. The packaging is a special product, used to wrap and contain, to protect the usable value of the goods, to create favorable conditions for movement, storage in storage, and consumption of products. Usually, the packaging is designed very attractive, suitable for the products and brands of the business and plays an important role in attracting consumers.
2. Classification of packaging:
- There are many ways to classify depending on the characteristics, usage, properties of each type of packaging. At Eil VietNam Group, our company specializes in manufacturing and supplying a full range of packaging with many different types, colors, and sizes. Therefore, customers are free to choose the most suitable packaging with the most competitive price for businesses.
a. Classified by use
+ Inner packaging: is the type of packaging used to pack goods, it comes in direct contact with the product, usually sold with the same product. Therefore, its value is always added to the value of the product for sale.
+ Outer packing (or shipping packaging):
Is the type of packaging that protects the quantity and quality of the product intact, serving the transportation of products from the production place to the consumer.
b. Classification according to compressibility
The hardness comes in 3 forms: hard packaging, semi-rigid packaging, and soft packaging.
+ Rigid packaging: able to withstand mechanical impacts from the outside, the load of the product inside keeps its shape when carrying, transporting, loading, and unloading.
+ Semi-rigid packaging: has full stability when carrying products and transporting; however, limited to a certain extent. it may be deformed under the weight of the cargo, the impact of stacking pressure, the mechanical impact (impact, vibration) during transport. These require additional reinforcement or taical mixing to increase the hardness.
+ Soft packaging: easily deformed when affected by a load of goods and mechanical impact from outside, easy to change shape. Although it withstands impacts and impacts during loading and unloading transportation, this type of packaging is a means to transmit those effects to goods and is often used for products in granular, powdered, unaffected form. by mechanical impacts on product quality.
c. Classification of packaging according to manufacturing materials
+ Packaging by paper, carton
- This is a popular packaging type currently on the international market and in the country. It accounts for about 70% of the types of packaging used. This type of packaging has the following characteristics:
\ In terms of Physics: Resistant to moisture, tear resistance, fold resistance, and impact resistance (high hardness).
\ In terms of Chemistry: Resistant to chemicals, resistant to heat (good heat resistance), poor ignition, resistant to insects, germs
\ Biological: Odorless, tasteless, non-toxic
\ Psychology: Flat surface, easy to print, easy to use, able to recover materials to continue the production of another packaging
=> Too many advantages for a packaging product.
+ Packaging by artificial materials, synthetic materials.
- Packaging is made of materials: polymers, synthetic rubber, plastic films, rigid plastic packaging ... or a combination of materials to bring together good properties to compensate for each other, to produce to ensure the required packaging in product storage and transportation.
+ Packaging made of glass, pottery
- Used to store liquid products such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, chemical cosmetics, chemicals, alcohol, soft drinks ...
- Advantages: Non-toxic, non-reactive to goods, has a certain hardness, but very fragile when subjected to shock, vibration during transportation, and handling.
3. Function of packaging:
The functions of the packaging are quite diverse, bringing many benefits to consumers such as:
+ Protect products
- Is the most primitive function of packaging. Packaging helps to protect the products inside from the impact of the environment, physical, chemical, biological .. (from breaking, avoiding vibration, impact, termites, insects, the effects of temperature and lips. external fields, ...) retain the inherent properties of the product.
- The packaging helps to prevent the product from contacting harmful agents such as water, dirt, ... Packaging also helps to prevent the product from oxidation or contamination.
+ Helps transport easier.
- There are some types of products that would not have the transport capacity without packaging as sugar; salt, roasted coffee, ... in this case, the packaging is a simple and effective way to bring products to consumers.
+ Information transmission
- One of the oldest and most basic functions of packaging is to convey information. Information printed on the package includes mandatory or optional information such as product name, composition, utility, function, manufacturer's information, expiry date ...
+ Minimize theft
- Packaging is always designed for product packaging and can only be opened once. Therefore, once the package has been opened, it cannot be closed anymore or it will leave an identifying sign. This reduces the risk of products being stolen.
+ Guaranteed convenience
- The product is packaged by a packaging machine that can be easily transported, distributed, sold on supermarket shelves, opened and closed, used many times.
+ Marketing function
The packaging is a secret weapon in marketing. Packaging helps to influence buyers and encourage consumer behavior. Today, the role of packaging is becoming more and more important in building a strong and consistent brand. Enterprises are interested in designing professional and impressive packaging as an effective sales advantage, helping businesses increase sales and at the same time reduce costs for product promotion activities.
Tags : eip eipglobal export export packaging MEDICAL COMPOSITE PACKAGING MATERIAL FOOD LAMINATED PA/PE/OPP/PE/PET/MPET/PET/AL/CPP ROLL FILM packaging PP woven sacks PP woven supermarket bag